Investing in Your Son
Support Your Son's Blue Ridge Education
Blue Ridge School is committed to building and maintaining an engaged and diverse student body. This year, our families come from 24 states and 19 countries (on five continents). We firmly believe in making educational opportunities available to qualified students, regardless of a family’s ability to pay. In recent years, we have offered more than $2.5 million in assistance to nearly 50 percent of our student body.
Each family’s situation is unique, and Blue Ridge School strives to work with all families to make a BRS education affordable. Here are some examples of the level of support a few Blue Ridge families have received:
|Approximate Household Income
|One parent & one child
|Two parents & three children
|Two parents & two children
Here are some of the ways we make Blue Ridge affordable:
Payment Plan. Families may opt to extend their tuition payments to a maximum of 10 separate payments.
Financial Aid. Grants are awarded to families based on financial need. Starting February 5th, 2024, parents and guardians will need to set up an account with Clarity (http://auth.clarityapp.com/en/signup/) and complete the application. We encourage you to complete the forms as soon as possible, as aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Merit Scholarship Award. Merit-based scholarships are awarded to returning students based on leadership, character, and academic achievement.
Baron Scholarship Program. This program offers substantial scholarships to boys applying for the 9th or 10th grade who exemplify character and leadership potential. Qualified young men who are US citizens and demonstrate these qualities will be considered:
- Respect for himself and the world around him;
- An appreciation of an honor code and an understanding of his role in it;
- Experience in team activities whether athletic, academic or artistic, as well as an aspiration to gain a leadership role;
- An interest in a variety of extra-curricular activities which can include the outdoors, community service and faith-based activities.
Interested applicants will complete:
- A BRS application and a Baron Scholarship Supplemental Application.
- An essay on his interest in BRS and the qualities he can bring to the school (included in the supplemental application).
- A campus visit with his parents for a day of tours, interviews and meetings with faculty, administrators and Trustees.
- Candidates must be referred to the school by a qualified source (educational consultant, school counselor or teacher, current or former BRS parent, alumnus or friend). To nominate a candidate please complete this form.
Virginia 529 Funds. Families can use up to $10,000 each year from Virgini 529 savings toward private, K-12 tuition expenses. For information about using 529 savings for Blue Ridge School tuition or the tax savings associated with doing so, contact Virginia 529.
Groves Family Legacy Tuition Program. In recent years, Blue Ridge has become a family tradition for many. Sons, grandsons, and nephews of our alumni are coming in larger numbers, as are brothers, step-brothers, and cousins of current students. Our faculty and Trustees see this as a tremendous compliment, as well as a strong statement about the value of a Blue Ridge education. To celebrate and further encourage this progression, the Groves Family made a generous donation to BRS to create the Legacy Tuition Program. New applicants to Blue Ridge who have a family link to an alumnus or current student will receive an alumni tuition scholarship of 10%, applicable to the total amount of their tuition and fees. For those families who might seek merit or need-based financial assistance, this scholarship will be offered in addition to that assistance. The traditional application process will still apply for Legacy Tuition Program candidates. The Legacy Tuition Program will follow a student as long as he is enrolled at BRS.
Trustee Award. Non-need-based grants are available through the generosity of our Board of Trustees.
The financial aid and grant processes are separate from the admissions process. Decisions will only be made after a student has applied to and been accepted to the Blue Ridge School and all necessary paperwork has been received.
For more information on Financial Aid contact Jamie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-992-0528.