Supporting Your Sons
At Blue Ridge School, educating boys is a team effort and parents play a big role. Though you may be many miles away, you can always stay close to the school, consulting with your son’s teachers and advisors, viewing videos of campus activities, interacting with the school on social media, and, of course, communicating directly with your son. We want you to be as involved as possible in your son’s journey, so we have established a number of ways for you to do so.
- Blackbaud. Blackbaud is a secure, online portal parents can use 24/7 to access information such as grades, forms, class schedules, and teacher comments.
- BRS Parent Association. The Association and its Parent Council is a great way to stay involved with BRS and network with other parents, sharing advice and stories about your boys. The group is very active, fundraising for new activities and conferring with the headmaster, so Association members are always on top of the latest news.
- Parent & Family Weekends. Visit the campus during a special weekend event each spring and fall to attend classes, dine in the dining hall, and meet your boy’s teachers.
- Student Checklist. Prepare your son for success by making sure you’ve completed all of the necessary steps before Registration Day! (The checklist for the 2022-23 year is now available via the Parent Portal.)
- Facebook. Our Facebook page offers news, photos, and videos in a public format. There is also a private parent’s group where you can connect with other parents, ask questions of teachers and administrators, and contribute to the community.
- Twitter. Following us on Twitter is the best way to see what’s happening during the day at Blue Ridge School, from sports news to pics of the boys enjoying their day.
- Instagram. Our Instagram feed features images of everyday life at Blue Ridge School. You never know when your boy will appear on our page!
- Baron Store. Show your Baron Pride with a logo tee or tie, stadium gear, or car stickers so everyone knows your boy goes to one of the best all-boys, all-boarding schools in the nation!
- Parent Newsletter. Keep an eye out for the Parent Newsletter hitting your inbox. This will keep you up to date with what’s happening on campus. Current parents are automatically signed up to receive the email. If you have not received these emails please contact Kristie Jamrozek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Ridge School has partnered with FaceUp, an anonymous online tool where students can easily report instances of bullying, sexual abuse, alcohol or drug abuse, or any other reason when a student needs to share information with school leaders without revealing his own identity.
Students can access the anonymous form here as well in the website footer below and via signage around campus.
Parent Association Council Members
Andrea Fox (Oakley ’25)
Andrew Corsello (Casper ’24)
Stephanie Alt Lamm (Daniel ’24)
Joseph “Joey” Perez (Julian ’25)